Many adults look back at their childhood and wish they had braces. Usually, the reasons have to do with a crooked smile but that’s not the only plus of having orthodontic work early on. Straightening crooked teeth is not just for cosmetics. Crooked teeth and misaligned bites can:
- Interfere with proper chewing.
- Make keeping teeth clean more of a challenge, increasing the risk of tooth decay, cavities, gingivitis, and bad breath.
- Strain the teeth, jaws, and muscles, increasing the risk of breaking a tooth .
- Strain on the muscles and joints of the jaw, which could eventually cause TMJ headaches, neck and shoulder pain.
- Make people feel self-conscious about their appearance and affect their self-esteem.
Tooth decay and periodontal disease (also called gum disease) are caused by bacteria. Left untreated, periodontal disease and tooth decay can cause bad breath, mouth sores, tender or bleeding gums and even tooth loss. Studies by the American Dental Association have shown that oral infections can also lead to other more serious health problems. Illnesses related to poor oral health include: heart disease, stroke, pneumonia, premature birth and diabetes.
Dr. Carter has 25 years of traditional orthodontics experience in straightening crooked teeth. She has been using clear invisible braces called Invisalign for straightening crooked teeth very successfully. She has 300 cases of Invisalign that makes her the mostexperienced Invisalign dentist in Redding,California.
In dentistry experience and Continuing Education are everything. Dr. Parvin Carter has over 30 years of experience in Practicing General Dentistry and 25 years in Orthodontics. She has thousands of hours of advanced training. In 2000, Academy of General Dentistry awarded Dr. Carter a Certificate of Mastership (MAGD) in General Dentistry. According to the Journal of the Academy of General Dentistry, only 1% of US dentists achieve this high level of advancement. Dr. Carter is a Certified and Preferred Provider of Invisalign. She has successfully treated over 300 patients with Invisalign.