What Makes Us Different?
In dentistry experience and Continuing Education are everything. Dr. Parvin Carter has over 30 years of experience in Practicing General Dentistry and 25 years Orthodontics. She has thousands of hours of advanced training. In 2000, Academy of General Dentistry awarded Dr. Carter a Certificate of Mastership (MAGD) in General Dentistry.Achieving Mastership (MAGD) is a professional designation within the Academy of General Dentistry (AGD) that reflects a general dentist’s ongoing commitment to provide quality care through continuing education.
A dentist must complete the following requirements to earn MAGD Award:
- Current AGD membership in good standing.
- A dental license has not been suspended or revoked within the last five years, and is not currently under probation, suspension, or revocation.
- A Fellowship Award.
- 1,100 hours in approved continuing education.
- At least 400 hours must be earned in participation courses.
- At least 600 hours must be earned in specific disciplines.
- Attendance at an AGD convocation ceremony, held during an AGD annual meeting, to receive the award (successful candidates are allowed three years following approval to complete this requirement).For the detailed achievement required for Mastership in General Dentistry please see Mastership requirements.